Monday, August 28, 2006

6 months down, 3 to go...

Hi there! Welcome! My name is Guinevere Meadow. Well, not really, but it's quite a nice nom de plume, don't you think? :) I am nearly 6 months pregnant. Friends and family have been after me to keep a journal of my adventures in pregnancy, and I have not heeded their advice...until now. My good friend Damselfly has been keeping her own pregnancy blog which I have followed religiously, so once again I have decided to copy her. (She and I are great friends. Such great friends that I have to do everything she does. She got pregnant, so I got pregnant. She had her foot injured and ended up in the hospital, so I fell down and scraped up my knee. I didn't make it to the hospital though. She writes a pregnancy blog, so now I'm writing one, too. A few months ago, she got a nice new red car, and I'm hoping to trade in my car for a nice red one, too, although I wanted a red car long before I ever met her! lol!)

So here I am, in my final trimester of pregnancy. What an experience it has been! The one thing I've learned about listening to the advice of other people is....don't listen to it! My pregnancy has not matched a single pregnancy story I have heard, and I have heard a lot of them.

So we're having a little boy! We're very excited. My hubby (we'll call him Bob) likes to brag that he "got a son on the first try!" Yes, this is our first. I'm thrilled, and Bob is just excited to have someone to build legos with. lol!

So what's the worst thing about pregnancy? For me, it's the constant peeing. I think I was up 7 times last night. Each time it felt like I was about to burst, so I get out of bed, cautiously make my way across the bedroom to the bathroom, feel around for the light switch, trip over the dirty clothes on the floor before finally making it to the toilet, sitting down, and then it's like, a trickle. Come on, now. I woke up for that??!! For what it felt like, I was expecting the floodgates to burst! So then of course the next time I feel this incredible urge, I try to ignore it. But does it work? No. I start dreaming that I'm peeing. Argh. So it's a vicious cycle, not to be ended until I finally wake up in the morning, dying of thirst, and hoping against hope that tonight my little bundle of joy will refrain from using my bladder as a recliner.

And the best thing about pregnancy? Knowing that in a matter of months, there will be a brand-new person in the world, entrusted by God into the care of Bob and me. When I think about that, I don't mind the 84,000 trips to the bathroom. (Although I think my water bill has gone up, and my usage of toilet paper has increased dramatically....sigh.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, with your description of a recliner, I can just picture the little guy with his hands behind his head and an ankle resting on the top of his opposite knee, resting on your bladder. With a cold one nearby. Maybe not.

Thanks for the props!