Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Week of Fun: Day 1

Today began my Week of Fun with friends Holly and her Man-Cub.

Our day of adventures began at the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. There is an observation area where you can park your car and watch the planes taking off and landing. This particular runway serviced mostly smaller planes, but we saw a couple of larger ones from Air Canada and Delta. Mostly we saw little puddle-jumpers from Spirit and JetBlue.

The boys just loved it! They would squeal, point, and wave at the planes as they came in. It was a little hard for Holly and I to keep the boys contained- they kept wanting to run across the street over to the barbed-wire fence separating the airport from the viewing area. A plane must have come in every 2-3 minutes!
After that, we moseyed on over to Hollywood Beach. (This is Hollywood, Florida, people. Nothing spectacular.) It was a beach that neither Holly nor I had been to before. The water was just GORGEOUS, and Chris just ran right up to it and would have plunged in head-first if I hadn't grabbed him! Chris and his friend the Man-cub ran up and down the shoreline, giggling when the waves broke over their feet. They didn't like it so much when the larger waves came and knocked them down, but they were both troopers! We stayed at the beach a little over an hour, which really surprised me. And this was without any sand toys!!
I snapped a few pictures on my camera, but haven't got them onto the computer yet. (Husband, WHERE is the card reader??!!!!) I hope to get them up for you soon!
Tomorrow, Holly is taking us to a super-secret indoor Location of Fun. I have no idea where we are going or what we will be doing. Only that I need to wear socks.
I am intrigued.

5 comments:

Munchkins and Music said...

Hope you are having fun!

Heather said...

Sounds like the week is living up to the name so far! The spectator area at our airport has pincic tables too. Not many planes though.

Anne/kq said...

They have an OBSERVATION AREA???

That sounds really cool (but aren't they worried about terrorists???)

Angela Kruck said...

I can't wait to find out where you go tomorrow!!! :)

Holly said...

We had lots of fun!