Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A few days ago, I posted a pity party for myself. Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and comforting words!

Later that day, after I posted, hubby asked me to take him to the hospital. I brought him to the emergency room. Some friends met us there and took Lancelot to their house for the evening. The poor little guy was terrified! He knew these people, but the situation was unfamiliar. As I put him into their car, he looked up at me as if to say, "Why are you sending me with these people?" I wanted to cry, but I had another sad baby in the waiting room! Once Lancelot arrived at their house, (which *was* a familiar place,) he calmed down and was fine.

They hooked an IV up and did a CAT scan. The diagnosis for hubby? Diverticulitis. Inflammation of the intestines. His pain was unbearable. He could barely move. I found out from a friend who knows someone with diverticulitis that the pain is as bad as or worse than childbirth! (The woman who said this has three children, so I'm sure she's telling the truth!) Poor hubby. That must have been horrible for him.

Anyhoo. He's been home all week on very strong medications and is slowly getting better. He'll have to change his diet, but he should be fine.

In the meantime, I have been kept very busy! I didn't realize how much of a difference it made to have him "take over" in the evenings when he got home from work. Just four days of this and I'm worn out.

I hope he gets better soon!!!

No comments: