Monday, October 22, 2007

I have a new friend!!

I'm so excited. It's quite silly, really, but I have a new friend! I've known this girl for awhile, but just casually. She's the daughter of another friend of mine, although she is much closer in age to me, and is actually the same age as my little sister. She's about to go through a nasty divorce, (which is a good thing in her case. This guy is SUCH a creep!!! She found out he was going to strip clubs on his lunch breaks from work and lying to her about it. Ick.) Anyhoo. She has moved back in with her parents for now, who happened to host our small group bible study last night, and I spent much of the evening talking with her. See, there are very few people in our church who are the age of E and me. E's mom, (who is my friend J,) was telling me that E has been very depressed and doesn't really have any friends who are her age and married who can understand what she's going through. Everyone else her/my age are for the most part single and go out partying. That's so not what she needs right now.

So she's coming over tomorrow night just to hang out! I'm excited too, to have another friend close to my age. Among my circle of friends there are only two other gals close to my age (Mistletoe and Roo,) but the rest are the age of my parents. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I don't relate to them the same way I do to people of my age or who are in the same stage of life. I look up to them as mentors, as examples of Christian wives and mothers. E is a couple years younger than me, so now I get to have a turn at being the older, wiser, woman. She's going to come over and we're going to eat pizza and watch a chick flick and play with Lance while Hubby hides in the computer room! (Not really hiding. He's studying for an exam he has to take in order to obtain certification on some new computer system.)

I feel like a schoolgirl who's just invited her new friend to come over and play. lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It so expresses the way I think most women feel. I prayed for the longest time that I would find friends when I was in my 20's. It's hard. Now, I find myself thanking God for each friend I find...and treasuring the moments I get to spend with them.

I am quite sure you're going to be a blessing to her.

Hugs to you both!!

:-) Susan

Anonymous said...

Aw, I know you will be a good influence on her. But have fun anyway! ;)