Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm Sleepy. Very, Very Sleepy.

*Warning: This is a very grumbly, rantish, tirade of a post. Do not read if you are expecting a warm fuzzy or a happy life lesson, because you won't get it.*

Hm. It would seem that many of you around the blogosphere did not sleep well last night.

Well, at least we were all in good company. Lance and I didn't get much sleep, either. He decided that he would revert to being a newborn and wake up every two hours. I don't know what's gotten into him. I'm very glad that I went to bed early last night. As soon as we put Lance down to sleep, I announced to my husband that I was going to bed, too. (I must have known, somehow.) I went to bed at 9:30 and fell asleep immediately. At 1:30, Lance woke up screaming. I tried several things, but nothing worked until I fed him. (I know he wasn't hungry because he's been sleeping all the way through the night for months now, but I guess he needed the soothing.) Half an hour later he fell back to sleep. I went back to bed to a snoring husband and could not fall back asleep. I laid there for an hour. Finally, around 3:15 I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. Then there was screaming AGAIN. I almost woke Hubby up and told him it was his turn, but I figured I was already awake. If I woke him up, then we'd both be awake and that just wouldn't make any sense. So I got up again. Gave him some tylenol for his teeth, changed his diaper, put him back to bed. He fell back to sleep quickly, but then I still had to deal with a snoring husband. Out of desperation, I stomped into the living room and crashed on the couch at 4:30 am where I was finally able to fall back asleep. (This after being up for 3 hours.)

At 6:30, he once again woke up. Screaming his little head off. Nothing was working. Snoring Husband heard it, got out of bed, came and got Lance so I could go back to sleep. (Darling man! But then he would have been getting up not too long after that, anyway.) I was able to sleep until 8.

So all in all, I got four hours of sleep from 9:30-1:30, two more hours from 4:30-6:30, and another hour from 7-8. So that's seven hours of sleep which is not too bad, but it was a very DISTURBED seven hours of sleep.

Lance has gone down for his morning nap. I'm going back to bed.

Have a lovely day.


Susan said...

Oh no, I hated those nights!! I'll bet Lance is having a growth spurt. I think they sometimes do this at those times. I hope this is a VERY short-lived issue.

Hugs to you my tired friend!!

:-) Susan

Damselfly said...

Aw, you know I totally relate to sleep issues! Poor Lance. Poor you!

Anne/kq said...

I hate those nights. Did you check for molars coming in? I've found it's usually either that, tummy ache, or too hot/too cold.

Haley said...

I can relate to this now more than J always wakes up @ 1 3 and 5 a.m.

I miss sleeping straight through...really I do. :-)