Friday, February 1, 2008

A Description of the Cuteness of My Child

I have the cutest baby in the world. He's been doing some really cute things lately, so I want to write them down so I won't forget them!

His new favorite game is "Boo!" We'll chase each other around the house, I'll duck behind the couch or hide around a corner, and when he "finds" me, I say, "Boo!" Then he giggles and giggles, and runs the other way. I follow him, then he'll turn around, look at me, and then he'll say "boo!"

He also has a version of hide-and-seek. He has figured out how to open up his closet, get inside, and close the door again. He'll go in there, shut himself in, and stay there until I open the door and find him. If I wait too long, he'll open the door slowly and peek his head out to see if I'm still there.

He is learning to feed himself using his spoon. Now that he has somewhat figured this out, he does not want to be spoon-fed by us anymore! I gave up trying to "help" him use the spoon. Now, I just put a bowl of something on his high chair tray, give him the spoon, and let him have at it. He usually does pretty well for the first few bites, but then he wants to start experimenting. "What will happen if I wave the spoon around in the air?" "Maybe if I just bang my spoon on the food, it'll work." "I think I'll smear a spoonful of oatmeal in my hair." After awhile I will get tired of this, so I take the bowl away and give him some finger food. I realized I just had to pick my battles. Each time he manages to get one or two more bites into his mouth, so I guess we're making progress!

Lance just loves his Daddy! When Hubby leaves for work each morning, Lance will hold out his arms to him until Daddy picks him up. Then Hubby hands him back to me and we have a "family hug." Hubby kisses me goodbye. As he pulls away, Lance will reach up to Hubby's face and draw it back to mine until we kiss again. SO SWEET!

That's it for now. Lance is asleep, Hubby is out of town for the weekend, and I have the house to myself.

I'm going to go have a glass of wine and watch one of my chick flicks.

Have a lovely night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toddlers are such a blast. Babies are nice but Toddlers can do so much more and are so very inventive when it comes to funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Aww, the "family hug" bit makes me a little teary! So cute. I look forward to stuff like this...but I don't want to wish my time with my "baby" away! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, love the games toddler play, so fun!

Hope you enjoyed the Chick Flick.