Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let's Play a Game

Take a look.




Take a good look.

How much did all this cost me?

$1.78

Yes, you read that correctly. I have begun playing the "CVS Game" as Crystal from Money Saving Mom likes to call it. (Thanks Jessica, for posting your CVS savings-- I found Crystal from one of your posts! My husband thanks you too, he just doesn't know it yet...lol!) I signed up for the CVS ExtraCare Rewards program. This was my second shopping trip on this program, and only my first using ECBs (Extra Care Bucks) I earned previously. How did I do it?

$5/$30 CVS coupon
2 different $4/$20 CVS coupons
$6.30 in manufacturer's coupons
$6.00 of ECBS

for a grand total out of pocket of: $1.78

Oh, plus I earned an extra $15 of ECBs for next time!!

This rocks. This is so fun.

(I did want to note that my ORIGINAL transaction also included a Maybelline eyeshadow, which was advertised in the CVS flier as $5.49 with an equal amount of ECBs earned). When I saw my receipt, it rang up at a higher total and gave me no ECBs. When I asked the cashier about it, he said, "sorry, there's nothing I can do. It's all in the computer." So I just returned the Maybelline.

This is really a fantastic way to save money. As you earn ECBs, you use them to purchase items which will earn you more ECBs. Additionally, you can use this as a ministry. Considering I spent less than $2 on all of that stuff, I am going to donate one of the toothpastes and one box of Excedrin to our local homeless shelter.

I still can't believe that I got all of that stuff for less than what the Starbucks Frappucino alone would have cost me.

This is awesome.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT DEALS!! I'm glad you were able to get some awesome savings! Keep it up girl!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Isn't it fun? I love getting great deals.

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT is a game worth playing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's amazing. You've inspired me to try this out!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just LOVE it when I get this kind of savings. It's so fun. I also know it's fun when the budget is tighter...it's like getting blessings where it's needed.

Hugs,

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love couponing and deal hunting. It makes me happy.

I haven't been able to do it in a while now. :(

Anonymous said...

Woo for saving money! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw on another blog that you commented that your ECB's expired before you used them. I don't know if you still have them around, but it might be worth taking them in and asking. At my CVS they will take them up to 2 weeks expired. I have never pushed it more than a few days, but the worst they can do is say, 'no.'

Figured I would let you know in case you still had them and they aren't too old. Sorry, this was kind of a goofy place to post this, but thought it might be helpful for you.

Good luck,
Erin
http://delightinginhisrichness.blogspot.com/