Saturday, February 7, 2009

Michelle Obama ROCKS!

This morning I was watching a TIVO'd episode of Rachael Ray from last week. One of her guests was the man who has been Michelle Obama's hairstylist since she was 18 years old!! Here is what I love about Michelle.

Rather than waste our country's money on flying this gentleman into Washington DC to do her hair, he is going to be training local hairstylists to do Mrs. Obama's styles. I like that! While I'm sure the cost of flying him back and forth really wouldn't be a great deal for the President, I admire the fact that the Obama family recognizes that using resources wastefully is setting a bad example for the rest of the country. I know there was a big outrage regarding the amount of money spent on the inauguration celebrations, but I am still heartened by this.

I'm not sure I would be so strong if I were Michelle. The same hairstylist since 18?? He did her hair for her wedding. And now to be without him during her term as First Lady?

Mrs. Obama, I salute you.

You can see the video of the segment here.

6 comments:

Erin said...

How cool! I have seen the same hairstylist my entire life. She did my hair for Homecomings, prom, my wedding, EVERYTHING, so if I moved across the country and had the means to fly her to me every five weeks... I don't know that I'd be as big a person as Michelle!

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

Oh man! I can't imagine trusting a hairstylist for that long. I change mine pretty often!

Heather said...

What? He won't move for her? Sheesh. ;)

Anonymous said...

How cool that she has been with the same person.

Didn't her gowns look awesome, they said that they were economical as well :) Neat First Lady.

Beck said...

That IS fairly awesome.

Haley said...

I think they both rock! In fact everyday I think about it. I think "Gosh, they are both such amazing people!" FINALLY!