Friday, September 7, 2007

Doin' A Little Happy Dance

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who have been regular visitors here, you know that I have been participating in the May Day Weight Loss Challenge. Every week on Tuesdays I report in with my loss or gain for the week, along with goals and ideas for the upcoming week. Well, I haven't been good about reporting in because I was holding my weight steady. I just couldn't get below a particular number on the scale. (while I was grateful that I was not gaining any weight, it was still discouraging because I've got quite a ways to go to achieve my goal.)

To my surprise this morning, when I stepped on the scale I was one pound below the number I previously couldn't break through!! It was a complete surprise. I don't know why we seem to assign magical values to particular numbers, but for some reason I had it in my head that if I get could to the weight I finally achieved this morning, then it would become easier to continue losing. I know, it doesn't make any sense at all, but that's how things work in Guinevere's head.

So now, my total weight loss for the challenge is 7 pounds.

Only 30 more to go. I can do it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That is awesome!!!

Thank you for stopping by. I understand, if you are new and didn't dig through the archives, my quiz wouldn't make sense. I will post the "answer" tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I know exactly how you feel with that one magic number. I came within .3lb of mine, then that time of the month hit. :-P But I'm getting back down and WILL be there by next weigh in. Now that you've passed your plateau, you'll continue the downward path! We CAN do it!
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Girl, if you lost 30, you would weigh next to nothing! Great job, though!

Anonymous said...

I'll do a little happy dance with you and we'll burn some calories. Whoo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your weight loss triumph! I wrote about you in blog today... come check it out! :-)