Thursday, May 29, 2008

I've Had It.

Enough is enough. I've had it.

People can be so inconsiderate it just makes me sick. It seems that I have had a personal, face-to-face encounter with every single person who never learned how to behave in public.

The last few days have been fraught with rudeness. The last straw today was when I was ordering my lunch at Chick-Fil-A, my favorite fast food place. I was standing there, placing my order, the cashier was pushing the buttons for "#1 combo with fries and large Coke" when someone walked right up and demanded a soup spoon.

Hello? Am I invisible? Am I mute? I'm in the middle of a word here, people, and this very impolite individual just barged right up without any consideration whatsoever. While I'm not saying she should have waited in line again, could she not have waited the 15 seconds for me to finish speaking? All I could do was stare at this person. Where are all the good comebacks when you really need them?

I wouldn't be surprised if when that person was a young child, their school report card said "Does not play well with others."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless everyone is having a bad day at the same time...? People need to think about something besides just themselves.

Anonymous said...

I think we should go to the beach, build a Bastille (if that is in fact the correct word) and throw several unnamed individuals in and let the tide fill in the hole. All in love of course. I know there are a handful I wouldn't mind submitting to our beach torture. I love you. I'm sorry people are being "bo bo burber-faced baby-foods!"

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Grrrr...that's just frustrating. Some people have NO manners. I think their report card might have read, "Speaks out of turn" or "does not raise hand to speak".

Anonymous said...

That and the people that walk through the open door- that you've so politely held for them- and say NOT A WORD!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I've started speaking up. Last night, we went to a grand opening for Jungle Quest, a cool rapelling place for kids. We were standing in line waiting for a harness when a women walked right in front of us, stealing the last remaining harness.

Did I let it go? You bet I didn't. And she dropped it on the spot!