Monday, July 28, 2008

And Things Have Returned to Normal

Hubby's back at work. I'm in charge again, as concerns matters of child-rearing and housecleaning.

It's bittersweet. Sure, it was fun getting to lie around in bed all day and enjoy the wonder that is narcotic pain killers. I was rather surprised when I looked at the clock and 6 hours have passed since I last "juiced up." Guess I'm finally weaning myself away from them, which really is a good thing. It's impossible to do anything productive when one is under the influence of such medication.

Not everything is back to normal. I still have to be careful what I eat. I'm on a "soft diet" consisting mostly of jello, pudding, creamy soups, applesauce, and protein shakes. I'll go back for a post-op checkup and hopefully I will be cleared to resume normal eating habits again! But who knows, maybe I'll lose a few pounds in the process! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you were able to wean easily! When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, my mom took the Vicodin and hid it eventually because I was like a junkie! Of course, I didn't have a toddler to look after, so I was content to chill on the couch forever.

White Hot Magik said...

Don't you wish you could have mini vacation that didn't require such pain? I was lucky and my teeth weren't too bad, the regular dentist took them out. I was also in high school, they say the younger the easier. So here's to your continued healing, especially since your sick days are over.

Haley said...

I had to go on a soft diet for 3 weeks after I had my tonsils out. I lost like 15lbs!! And I know what you mean about the pain killers, I literally laid in bed drugged up for the first 2 weeks after my surgery, man that stuff is powerful!