Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In Which I Depart From My Most Recent Subject

This post has nothing whatsoever to do with my mom in the hospital. It's time for something fun and lighthearted.

I give you...


Lance! In the kiddie pool! Completely dressed! With a popsicle stain on his face!

This afternoon I was filling the kiddie pool that my parents have at their house just for Lance's visit. He was standing there eating a popsicle while I filled it. My grand plan was to take him inside and change him into his swim trunks when he was done with the popsicle.

Toddlers don't worry too much about their parent's plans. He just clambered right over the side of the pool, went down on his hands and knees, dripping with popsicle juice.

And I stood there and laughed like I haven't laughed for several days.

It was good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to laugh. Kiddie pools and impatient toddlers are an excellent combination.

Anonymous said...

That's the best way to deal with a situation like that!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Lance could give you something to laugh about amid the stress of having your mom in the hospital! Give him a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Lance, good for you making your mommy feel better!

Kids have a knack for doing that, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Yay for moments like that ... Sending positive vibes for your mom!

Anonymous said...

before Luke and Lea Skywalker, there was a Lance Skywalker - Amedalas first born - hence the lip decoration . . .
or maybe it's just WAY to late for me to try to be smart . . .
Yeah
Thats it.