I've been reflecting on things that make me happy. It's easy to get caught up in mommy-hood, and when you're a very tired mommy, sometimes it's also easy to overlook the happy things. So here is my list of things that make me happy.
1. Spending the afternoon at the swimming pool with friends
3. Bear hugs from my husband
4. My son's giggle
5. The soft fragrance of my scented candle, and getting lost in thought as I gaze into the flame of the burning wick.
6. Reruns of favorite TV shows
7. Getting my carpet cleaned. For free. (We renewed our apartment lease for another year, getting us free carpet cleaning! Bonus!!)
8. Enjoying an evening of a clutter-free home because it's all stashed away in the closets because I had to move everything off the carpets so they could get cleaned. For free.
9. Did I mention my free carpet cleaning?
10. Oh! Also free shoes! A friend bought a pair of shoes that she ended up not liking and gave them to me.
11. Free stuff is great.
Speaking of free stuff, here's info to a contest I've just entered. Enjoy!
Wow, it seems that contests and giveaways are abounding in the world of Mommy-Bloggerhood.
I don't enter them often, but this one sounded good to me! A Solarveil Ring Sling which is made of a fabric that keeps the mama (and baby!) cool in the sun and protects from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Who wouldn't want one of these?
To enter the contest, go visit Steph.
To view the sling being given away, go check out KimzKreations.
I've been carrying Lancelot in a pouch sling that I just adore, but I have to admit I'm getting a little bored with it, and in this south Florida summer heat, it's just about unbearable to carry him in it. This sling sounds like a great solution to both problems!